Click on any picture to make it bigger and feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.

Sunday 6 December 2009

Day 5 & 6 of the Advent Season

Homemade Bookmarks with inspirational reading related quotes.
.
Today the 6th day of the advent season the girls got these bookmarks. I thought it would be appropriate for them to have quotes encouraging them to reading, so I did just that. What's really cool is the youngest blind picked the blue one (they were both wrapped, so the girls simply pulled one each out of the pocket) with the quote "Once you learn to read, you will be free forever" which as she cannot read is fitting isn't it.
On Saturday they each got identical stickers which are pictured above on the left.
.
These are the bible stories they heard over the weekend, on the left is the one I read on Saturday and on the right is the one I read today.

Just a little update on the tomato experiment I mentioned here, this is what I picked in the greenhouse this afternoon, I think just enough to get us through the week.
.
The stable for the Nativity Creche is complete, as the advent continues the characters would be added as we read the bible story which introduces them, I just need to find myself some straw/ dry grass??? and with outside being wet that won't be easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails