Click on any picture to make it bigger and feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.

Monday 14 December 2009

Day 14 of the Advent Season

The Completed Nativity Creche
.
Well with the arrival of the three wise men and the Christmas Star in tonight's bible story the nativity Creche is now complete. It was fun to make and I'm glad I made time to create it this year.
.
Next year I'll make a proper wooden stable for the characters and I might even add a camel or two next year as well.
.
I look forward to using it for many of years as part of our Christmas decorations.
.
Today I also added some new items to my blogshop, on the left are the book thongs (markers) and there are also some hair accessories as well.
.
I have been trying to advertise my blogshop and was wondering if the twitters among you would recommend it as a way to get my shop name out there.
.
I have shunned the social networking sites mainly because I spend way too much time on the PC already but have been wondering if I should try twitter as mainly another advertising opportunity.
.
I am also toying with the idea of a Christmas give away of one of my items again to encourage traffic to my site.
.
So what do you all think of these ideas, all suggestions welcome.
.
Here is today's Trini Christmas music, its a song that is calypso influenced and sung by the legendary 'Grandmaster' of calypso 'Lord Kitchener', hope you enjoy it.


Lord Kitchener - Drink ah Rum

I have posted two posting today so be sure to check out the first one to remain fully updated on my going ons, tah!

3 comments:

  1. Ah I want to drink a rum, but I will wait till the weekend.

    Liking the snow, but it is slowing my computer a touch...but its Christmas I know, so I will let it be. I am liking the bookmarks too, but like you I am not on social sites either as I think I spend enought time on the computer (at home and sometimes at work - work related of course) so wish you well in their promotion, I am sure those who twitter will give you a Christmas cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post, Kella. Your nativity creche looks lovely now that it is complete, it was definitely worth the time you took to make it. I don't use the social networking sites either so can't advise you on that, but I see that some blogs offer giveaways and they seem to attract traffic, whether it's because of the giveaways or because the traffic is already there I really don't know. Good luck anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and sorry for taking so long to reply...

    Mangocheeks, I must admit, though I'm a West Indian girl I do not like the taste of rum, blech! So I'm afraid you'll have to enjoy it on your own :)

    Jo thanks, I can hardly believe I have hit 100 postings already, its either I have a lot to share or I just like to waffle ;)

    Oh! and thanks about the Creche compliment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails