Click on any picture to make it bigger and feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Day 22 of the Advent Season & Meeting Santa

Recycled Juice Carton Wallets
.
I stumbled across the tutorial for these a few months ago and knew the next time we bought juice in these types of cartons (which isn't often) I would have to give them a go. The girls love them and immediately upon receiving them they initiated a game of shop and shopkeeper using glass stones as play money. My printer is down so I wasn't able to print out a template but they were fairly easy to make using other items to create the desired template shape, oh! and another thing, the tutorial gives an hour to create but I took about 25 minutes to do them both.
.

Today's Bible Stories.
.
On Sunday I smugly announced I was finished with my Christmas shopping, then late Sunday night I realised I had forgotten some things, arrgghh!
.
So I braved the treacherously icy pavements with kiddies in tow and went to town and the grocery store.
.
Good thing too as I had forgotten to take the kids to see Santa Claus, it was my youngest first meeting and she was a little awestruck and a little speechless (which is a not normal).
.
Anyway I got home thinking yep I'm all done now only to realise I had forgotten a few key ingredients (*&^*%^), so I'll have to pop over to the grocery tomorrow at some point to get them.
.
Today's Trini Christmas song is 'sung' by a local stand up comedian, who more talks than sing (not sure if he can sing) he has mixed in differing elements of local Christmas music. It probably won't be appreciated by most but another Trini would get it!! because he humour is based on local events and culture :) Gosh! I really miss home at this time of the year.
.


Sprangalang - Bring drinks

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like this....very unique...glad you are all ready for christmas now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, they certainly are different. Ready for Christmas, is there such a thing?? ;) Wishing you a lovely one, xx.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails