1. That first kick/ stretch/ turn I felt in my tummy that confirmed my beautiful burgeoning waist line was not due to my overeating or water retention but was my little one trying to tell me hello.
2. I loved watching them grow fat like tubs of lard on my liquid gold and nothing else, oooohhh!! The endless folds, dimples and creases made me so proud.
3. There is so much joy in watching them achieve their milestones on their terms and no one else’s and seeing them swell with pride when they have achieved them; the first time they clapped, that first step, the 1st successful skipping rope jump, reading their first proper book, etc.
4. I enjoy knowing that my trust in MY mothering instincts are growing every sec, every minute, everyday and that parenting becomes easier as I act more and more on that growing trust to look inward.
5. Their smiles, from their first gummy toothless ones of yesteryear to the cheeky please don’t be mad ones of today.
6. I love teaching and sharing knowledge with them and seeing the joy of discovery a fresh through their eyes.
7. I cherish holding sweaty sticky hands, sleepy dribbles on my lap and even the disturbed throws of passion endured by my OH and myself because of a bad dream or a wet accident!
8. The joy and peacefulness I experience when they play well together is greater than I could ever have imagine it would - its just pure happiness.
9. I revel in their noise - peels of laughter, ear piercing screams of joyful play, whooping shouts and galloping footsteps down the poor house staircase. It all means they are well and happy.
10. And last but certainly not least, its gotta be the spontaneous kiss on the cheek with the hug that is the arms around the neck with the whispered words of ‘I LOVE YOU MUMMY!’ in my ears.
To keep the ball rolling so to speak, I now have to pass this lovely award to bloggers I also enjoy reading. So I would like to present the award to Mangocheeks and Maureen, I wanted you both to know that you are a great read!