I did some measurements to accurately plan out the beds and marked out on graph paper where last years planted crops were. I also laid down some old fence panels to create a temporary center foot path to my little plot.
I have decided the majority of beds will be 4ft x 8ft (I find beds are much easier to maintain rather than long rows, especially when it comes to weeding or digging over an area). The beds won't be raised just marked off with wood stakes and twine. I'll be in town tomorrow and so I'll pick up some nylon twine in a nice bright colour. Some of the beds might merge to form bigger beds for netting conveniently like the brassicus, or in the case of short rows of potatoes and in the case of the scrambling squashes.
I only really plan to grow on the allotment things like long standing brassicuss plants, potatoes, root veg such as carrots, parsnips and beetroots, garlic and winter squashes. A couple other types of crops might fine their way their but I haven't yet decided.
So besides getting measurements, I pulled and discarded the spent crops that were still on the plot from last year. Then the clouds came so I took the girls back home before complaints of being cold started.
I hope to get back there later this week to mark out the beds and start digging them over to remove the light covering of weeds you can see in the pictures. I would also like to get those poor garlic bulbs into the ground, I do hope they give a nice crop, I'll just have to wait and see.