Click on any picture to make it bigger and feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Sow, Sow, Sow.

High Ho High Ho its off to the greenhouse I go :) March is one of the busiest months in the gardener's calender and each week I'll have tons to sow.

Today I got lots of flowering type plants sown along with a few vegetables and a couple herbs;

  • Beetroot - an italian variety.
  • Spinach Beet.
  • Watercress.
The flowering plants were mainly perennials which may flower this year but would definitely flower next year. Most of these plants are for my flower beds which really needs bulking out with long lasting plants that will come again year after year.

  • Agastache.
  • Dianthus.
  • Purple Loosethrift (to go into my boggy area around the vege pond).
  • Sweet Peas (to climb the trellis outside the girls playhouse).
  • Worm Wood.
  • Dwarf Scabosia
  • Yarrow.
  • Aquilegia.
And the herbs were;
  • Clary sage.
  • Sage.
I also got the opportunity to pot up some overwintered Greek basil plants which my neighbour gave me last autumn, this is a picture of one of the three plants.











Here also is a picture of the most recently germinating seeds. On the left is the wild teasel, in the middle is the lemon grass and on the right are the melons.
The radishes which were sown into a prepared bed on the 26th of Feb have also started to germinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails