The girls helped with the flower seed sowing around the edges of the marked out vege beds. I did the sowing of the carrots by two varieties; 'Nantes' and 'Rainbow' and the sowing of beetroots were also done, the variety was 'Boltardy'.
- So around the carrot bed the girls sowed french marigold to help create a smelly barrier against the carrot root fly.
- Around the beetroot bed they sowed pot marigold.
- and around the garlic bed they sowed annual salvia.
- At the end of the last potato trench which was done the day before the girls sowed around two bamboo canes some giant sunflower seeds and sweetpea seeds (the plan is that the sweetpeas will scramble up the sunflowers, the bamboo canes are just there for extra support against any windy weather in the future.
- At the two front corners of my plot I got them to sow some dahlias, as I was duly informed by Maureen who sent the seeds, an allotment must have dahlias :) so who am I to disobey ;)
- At the back of my plot there is a raised boxed in area which I throw large stones and rocks into. We sprinkled poppies (mixed colours) and nigella seeds in there, its a wait and see if they germinate and give us a riot of colour at the back.
To the back of the photo at the right hand corner you can see the bottom of the bamboo canes where the girls put their sunflowers and sweetpea seeds.
So that is where the allotment is at, I had also hoped to sow my parsnips but that bed is yet to be weeded and dug properly, which I hope to remedy this week coming.
PS I have posted not once but three times so there are two more new posts to read after this one, hmm I sould have told you at the begining to grab you favourite brew before you started, oops :)