Click on any picture to make it bigger and feel free to leave comments, I love reading them.

Saturday 4 April 2009

A Mad Rush

Just a quick update on the tasks I got done today in preparation re being away from the garden for six days.

I was able to plant out the beetroot, pak choi, mizuna and the spinach beet plants/ seedlings they all went under some sort of protection as they weren't hardened off.

I ran out of time and so was not able to clean the vege pond, plant out all the sunflowers (only was able to plant out one) or mow and feed the lawn.

I was in the garden from 8.40am till 13.30 the weather was not warm but the light digging over of the beds and the sifting of the homemade compost which was added to the planting spaces helped to keep me warm.

The sun did come out though after 14.00, which brought out the resident peacock butterfly.

I did check my asparagus plants to see if there was any sign of life and was rewarded with the site of one lone shoot about an inch high, not sure what I would get out of the other three plants as two were dug up by a cat late winter, so its a wait and see.

Lastly just before leaving I noticed that my courgette seedlings needed potting up so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails