Anyhoo!! Last evening while preparing dinner I saw the inevitable getting ready to play itself out, a local cat was obviously aware of the family and was canvassing the joint for a quick and free meal, so I chased it away and took a circle of chicken wire that normally stands around my strawberry tower and placed it around the nesting site.
I'm hoping with this in place I have at least increased the chances of the adult's survival and maybe the chicks as well when they fledge. It should create a somewhat safer approach to the urns opening.
I took this picture this morning and I swear not five minutes later the same culprit from yesterday showed up all sneaky to try his luck, well I again frightened him off. My eldest of course told me I should not move from the window all day, as if !!
I have done all I can do, its up to the little birdies to use their wits now to out smart the cat/s in the area, of which there are many that use my garden as their personal highway.
Now for a long overdue thank you for two awards given to me by two separate bloggers.
- Besides linking back to those who gave it to you,
- I also have to list 7 random things about myself:
- I wanted to be a vet when I grew up, all the subjects I took right up to leaving high school was to that aim and somehow I became a nurse?!?!?
- I can't swim.
- My favourite colour is GREEN.
- I have trouble remembering my age (I generally have to think of hubby's and then take way 3, which of course makes me look like I am fibbing if I was asked by an official).
- I also have trouble remembering the date of my wedding, I can remember the year and the month but the day escapes me every time, so I have it stored on my phone and in my wallet.
- I was once a member of Green Peace.
- When I do a cartwheel now I see ***stars ***
- Now to pass these lovely awards onto some of the many blogs that I enjoy perusing.
I'll be sure to pop along later and leave a little message on your blogs to let you all know I have passed these on to you, well unless you see it first :)
PS I have updated my other blog to if you would like to take a peek.